This special series on “Locoregional and systemic treatment in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma” is guest edited by Dr. Yi-Jen Chen from City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA, USA.
Dr. Chen is a board-certified radiation oncologist. He received his MD degree from National Yang-Ming University in Taiwan and PhD degree from National Tokyo Medical and Dental University in Japan. After establishing a career as a surgeon in Taiwan, he furthered his oncologic training in radiation oncology at the University of California, Irvine. He joined the City of Hope Medical Center in 2002, where he has specialized in treating colorectal, anal, hepatobiliary, pancreatic, esophagogastric and gynecologic cancers. Dr. Chen has published extensively in these areas and is recognized for his expertise in GI cancers. He has been awarded “Educator of the Year” by the Association of Residents in Radiation Oncology. He currently serves as a committee member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network Colon/Rectal/Anal Cancer Panel, which is dedicated to improving and facilitating quality, effective, efficient, and accessible cancer care. He is one of the co-chairs of Via Cancer Care Pathways for pancreatic cancer. He is active in clinical research. Presently, he leads the Residency Training Program as a Director and is a Clinical Professor in Radiation Oncology, City of Hope Medical Center, Duarte, CA, USA.
- (Intrahepatic) cholangiocarcinoma: Anatomic and molecular pathology
- Surgical management of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma
- Radiologic spectrum and nuances of cholangiocarcinoma
- Selective internal radiotherapy (SIRT) by yttrium90 for intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma
- Radiation treatment of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma, external beam radiotherapy including SBRT, and Brachytherapy
- Percutaneous ablative management of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (Radiofrequency ablation, Microwave ablation, Electroporation)
- Systemic management of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma, Chemotherapy, and Immunotherapy
The series “Locoregional and systemic treatment in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma” was commissioned by the editorial office, Digestive Medicine Research without any sponsorship or funding. Yi-Jen Chen is serving as the unpaid Guest Editor for the series.